Monday, April 16, 2007

First 3 Weeks

I really enjoyed getting to see a bit of everyone's personality during the initial blogging process. You get to see a little bit of a window into their lives and what they are all about. It reminds me a good bit of myspace but I have never had a blog of my own.

I think blogs in the K-12 classrooms would be great if that was a information dessimination that the parents and kids were use to or would use efficiently. Some people just want to talk directly to you with a call or even face to face. Everyone has different styles of communication that works better for them. I think using the site to keep parents updated on what is going on in the classrooms and activities in which the kids are participating. I do not think larger announcements such as if the kids need to be somewhere at a certain time or what not. I believe more serious announcements should be communicated with papers sent home and perhaps a phone call.

Overall I do believe blogs are a nice option for students and parents to have to follow up on how things in the school and classrooms are going. This also is a great way to connect the whole school staff with the kids and parents at home instead of having to worry about redtape trying to make contacts everywhere.

No comments: